Principal's Message UPDATED 3/18/2020
Dear Parents, Guardians, Community Members, Students and Friends:
Due to the Coronavirus, and ensuring the health and safety of our campus, the Hare High School Office is closed as of Wednesday, March 18th at 4:00 PM. All employees will be working remotely, Monday through Friday during regular business hours with the exception of Spring Break (April 6th through April 10th). If you need to get in touch with an administrator, you can email Dr. Stephanie Heflin (Principal) at email@example.com or Mrs. Lydia Machaco (Assistant Principal) at firstname.lastname@example.org. For counseling/guidance questions, fee free to email Mr. Jesus Ugarte (Counselor) at email@example.com.
Students - Please be sure to continue with your work; check your Google Classroom & your .net accounts, keep up with the ParentSquare messages, and continue to communicate with your teachers.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us. Huskies - we will get through this. We are here to support you through this time, both academically and personally. You know how to get in touch with each of us. We are here - it may look and feel different, but we are here\.
Dr. Stephanie Heflin
Principal, Hare High School
Hare High School is Garden Grove Unified School District’s Continuation High School, providing high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to get back on track with credits to earn their high school diploma from Hare or their home high school. We serve students from all seven GGUSD high schools. With small class sizes, highly trained staff, and a caring atmosphere, Hare provides its students with both academic and socio-emotional supports to graduate ready for their next step into either college or career.
Hare High is a PBIS School, where Hare Huskies are a PACK - We Persevere. We are Attentive, Cooperative, and Kind. We have also been named a California Model Continuation High School in 2016, a three-year title.
We provide a variety of enriching and helpful classes, activities, and programs for our students including:
- Graphic Design and Med Core CTE classes are offered throughout the day
- Our ASB is very active in the community, and partners with OCDE’s “Friday Night Live”, participating in leadership training opportunities and community service
- Our video production class produces a weekly series called "Top Dawg," where students are responsible for writing, producing and filming the show to broadcast to our student body
- Hare High works closely with "Project Kinship," a non-profit organization who provides Restorative Practice Intervention Services for our students
- GGUSD's Infant and Toddler program is housed at Hare High School, providing free of charge child care for students in our district that have children
We are especially proud to award our students for their successes at multiple times throughout the year. Each week, we recognize our "Top Dawg," who is randomly selected from a list of teacher nominations. We also recognize our student of the quarter, where one student is selected from a list of teacher nominations who demonstrated strong academic performance, as well as embracing all elements of the "PACK." In addition, each quarter we award students with Husky Honor Roll, for students who achieve a GPA of 3.0 to 3.49, and Principal's Honor Roll, for students who earn a GPA of 3.5 to 4.0. Quarter Nominees and Principal Honor Roll students are also invited to an awards celebration.